- 1 How to Play Steam Games on Oculus Quest 2
- 2 Oculus Air Link
- 3 Third-party apps
- 4 Virtual desktop
- 5 Find out how to Play Steam Video games on Oculus Quest 2?
- 6 ALVR
How to Play Steam Games on Oculus Quest 2
How to Play Steam Games on Oculus Quest 2? Oculus Quest 2 is a VR headset which is made for PC users. Fortunately, there is a way to run Steam games on your Quest 2 VR headset. You can either download a game from the Oculus store or use the Steam library on your powerful gaming PC.
Oculus Air Link
If you have an Oculus Quest 2 and want to play Steam games on it, you need to update the software on both your PC and headset. The update is called Air Link, and you can get it by searching for “Oculus Air Link”. In order to connect with the PC, you must be on the same network as your Quest.
Air Link works best with a gaming PC, as it leverages the power of a VR-ready PC. The easiest way to play games on Air Link is through the Oculus storefront. Once the Oculus Air Link is installed, you can play games in your Quest 2. You have full desktop access to your connected PC, which allows you to play media and play games from the SteamVR store.
Before connecting an Oculus Air Link to your PC, make sure your computer has the permissions for the headset. To enable Air Link, run the Oculus Software on your PC and select “Add a Device.” If the Air Link feature is enabled, make sure you enable Unknown Sources and allow SteamVR.
The Oculus Quest 2 headset is compatible with SteamVR games. However, you need a PC in order to play Steam games on the Quest 2. You can use Virtual Desktop or ALVR. Both of these apps are available for purchase on the Oculus store or sideloaded for free. SteamVR is the standard for PC VR, and works in the same way on the Quest 2 as it does on PCs. Once installed, SteamVR runs in a separate virtual room that you can use to launch games and adjust VR settings.
In order to play Steam games on the Quest 2, you must have a PC with a USB-C port. In addition, you need to have a strong WiFi signal to make the connection. Moreover, you need to install the Oculus desktop app on your PC before installing the software. The desktop application can help you connect the Quest 2 to your PC and Steam VR, and will make sure that you have a stable connection.
There are also a few third-party apps that can help you play PC VR games on the Quest 2. One of the most popular is Facebook Air Link. Another good option is Virtual Desktop, which works the same way as Facebook Air Link. With this application, you can stream your PC onto the Quest 2 and play SteamVR and other VR games.
Virtual desktop is a software that lets you use a Windows PC to play Steam games on Oculus Quest 2. It was made for Windows users and has been designed for easy game play. It includes a Games tab that automatically fetches VR games from your computer. To use it, you will need to have the Oculus or SteamVR software installed on your PC.
Before attempting to use the Virtual Desktop software, you should first make sure you have a 5GHz AC WiFi network and a suitable computer. You will also need to install the Streamer app on your PC. The Virtual Desktop app is compatible with both the Quest 2 and the PC, but the performance may not be as good as that of the Quest 2.
Once you have successfully installed Virtual Desktop, you can access your Steam games on your Oculus Quest 2. All you need to do is connect the device to your PC and launch the SteamVR game.
Find out how to Play Steam Video games on Oculus Quest 2?
To play Steam video games on Oculus Quest 2, you’ll want to attach your Oculus Quest 2 headset to your laptop or laptop computer utilizing a cable then launch the SteamVR platform with the intention to entry, choose and play the Steam video games you want to play in your VR Headset. Right here’s a extra detailed means to do that for brand new Oculus Quest 2 homeowners.
Guarantee Your PC Is Able to Working VR Purposes
That is essential as a result of plenty of Oculus Quest 2 homeowners will ultimately understand that their techniques don’t settle for or perform in accordance with Oculus Quest 2 as a result of incapabilities of the system. Moreover, additionally just remember to have a type-c slot obtainable. Right here’s an inventory of all the necessities that should be possessed by your PC to ensure that it to help the Oculus Quest 2 and deal with the operating of video games easily.
|Processor||Intel i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or better|
|Working System||Home windows 10|
|USB help||Sort C to Sort C (Most well-liked), In-box Cable|
The next are the GPU’s appropriate with Oculus Quest 2.
- AMD 400 Collection
- AMD 500 Collection
- AMD 5000 Collection
- AMD 6000 Collection
- AMD Vega Collection
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Desktop, 6GB
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070(all)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080(all)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Tremendous
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20-series (all)
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-series (all)
- NVIDIA Titan X
Join Your Oculus Quest 2 to Your PC
An important step on this information could be to attach the Oculus Quest 2 to your PC utilizing a USB kind C to kind C cable. One of the best cable to make use of right here could be the original Oculus link cable listed on the Oculus Quest 2 web site for $79. Nevertheless, thanks to a couple of the current updates – a traditional good high quality kind c cable ought to do greater than a reasonably first rate job to give you that tremendous VR-PC expertise. Right here’s the way you join your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC.
- Find the type-c port along with the left entrance of your headset and plug in a single finish of the cable.
- Subsequently, plug the opposite finish into the sort C slot in your PC.
- Furthermore, in case your PC doesn’t have a USB kind C port, that merely means you’ll have to make use of an adapter.
- You’ll get these simply on-line or at any ironmongery store.
- Moreover, merely join your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC.
- A window will seem when you do that, asking you to allow it permissions for information change between the 2.
- Merely hit “enable” and also you’ll now be capable of use your Oculus Quest 2 in your PC.
- If wires are a problem in keeping with you, there exists one other various.
We suggest that you simply keep away from utilizing this technique because the lag and different in-game visuals are inclined to undergo lots whenever you use this. This function known as the “Air Hyperlink” connection. It establishes a wi-fi connection between your Oculus Quest 2 and your PC. We iterate that along with the above, this function continues to be in Beta and can probably have just a few bugs. Right here’s how one can wirelessly join your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC utilizing Air Hyperlink.
- In your PC, head to the official web site of the Oculus Desktop app
- You’ll have to log in or create an account right here
- Now after logging in, head to settings
- Moreover, find the beta choice and click on on it.
- From right here you’ll discover the second to final choice named “Air Hyperlink”
- Merely click on the slide button to allow it.
- As soon as carried out, you’ll have to set this up in your Oculus Quest 2.
- Moreover, Put on the headset and head to the principle app menu.
- From right here, find the settings
- You’ll discover an choice named “Experimental Options”.
- So as to make the connection, find the “Air Hyperlink” choice from right here and allow it.
- You’ve now efficiently related your PC and your Oculus Quest 2 wirelessly by Air hyperlink.
- We reiterate as soon as extra that this isn’t beneficial and particularly not throughout its beta part.
Steam Video games on Oculus Quest 2
Now that you simply’re related to the Laptop, it’s essential log in as prompted with the intention to entry the menu that allows you to play Steam and Rift video games. Right here’s how you are able to do the identical.
- Firstly, head to SteamVR and obtain the applying.
- As soon as downloaded, find the file location and set up it.
- Moreover, merely launch it and find the SteamVR Room Setup.
- Subsequently, click on on “Play”
- It will now offer you 2 choices to pick your alternative of Room.
- Moreover, you’ll should enter your peak and room house as properly.
- As quickly as you log in to your Oculus Quest 2, you’ll be directed to the Oculus Rift Menu.
- Moreover, head to the choices and allow the choice referred to as “Unknown Sources”
- Lastly, merely head to your library from right here and you may launch any Rift video games you have got.
- Moreover, for steam video games, now you can merely launch them from the SteamVR room or out of your PC.
- Alternatively, should you want to you possibly can at all times select to go for the virtual desktop setup however that may value you an extra $19.99
If you have an Oculus Quest 2, you can use the headset to play Steam games. The Quest 2 is a standalone device that doesn’t require a wired connection to your PC to run. If your PC has a Steam library, you can also use that to access games.
Steam is the leading storefront for games on the PC, and it has extensive support for virtual reality headsets. Valve’s catalog of games includes a slew of VR games, including Half-Life Alyx, F1 22, and Star Wars: Squadrons. This means that you’ll be able to play a variety of popular VR games, including those not available on Meta Quest. Oculus Quest users who have a Steam account can use their headset with their Valve-enabled PC.
After installing the software, you can launch a Steam game from your PC. You can use any USB-C cable to connect the Quest 2 to your PC. Just make sure the cable you choose supports proper USB-C transfer rates. If you’re unsure, you can use the Oculus app to check whether the Oculus Quest 2 is compatible with your computer.